Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Travel isn't my favorite thing

I’m back from my business trip to Denver. I’ve decided that I’m not meant to travel much when I’m on a program – whether it’s an on or off season program! Of course that’s not realistic but boy is it a challenge. It’s so hard to find the right food to eat. You’d think it’s be easy to find grilled chicken and baked potato (I know better than to try to find yams in restaurants) but what ends up happening is that everything has salt on it and a lot of it has been marinated in some sort of butter or oil based marinade. Yuck! I just want pure, simple, clean food. Is that too much to ask? Apparently it is.

Then there’s flying. I need to eat every 2 to 3 hours. That means waiting in airports and flying on planes can be challenging depending on how long the wait/flight and what time I need to eat. And if there’s a delay, yikes! I’m in trouble.

At least I was able to get in most of my workouts. The hotel gym wasn’t awful. It wasn’t great (not nearly as complete as the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego) but it was adequate for biceps, triceps and cardio. I had to adapt my normal leg workout and focus on dumbbell squats and lunges. Got some core and ab work in as well.

The good news is I don’t travel again until later in October and then it’s just a couple of overnight trips. That shouldn’t be too painful (she said hopefully). :o)

I met with Kim yesterday to mark my progress on my off season program. He’s very pleased. He started the conversation by telling me I have curves! LOL. This is cause for celebration because I tend to be long and lean. My lower body is exploding right now – yippee!! This is super exciting to me because legs are typically the slowest growing of all my muscle groups. The new training routine is absolutely what I needed and I’m excited to see the end result in another 10 weeks. In the meantime, we’re upping my protein a bit to support my new muscle growth and keeping all else the same.

More later – time for me to have a protein shake before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment