Saturday, September 19, 2009

End of week one of program

I just finished the first week on my program. It went great! I think it’s just the change up my body needed. My right shoulder, tricep and lat were all suffering from overtraining. Gosh, to be honest, all of me was suffering from overtraining. But the rest did me good and this week all the little nagging strains were gone. I felt great and super strong. The only injury that’s still a bit of a problem is my lower right hip/back area. This is an injury that’s several years old and it continues to flare up on legs day and for 1 to 2 days following legs training. Since I’m training legs twice a week my hip is sore pretty much constantly. It definitely means I have to lift lighter than I’d like, but at least I can still lift. Maybe I need to do some lower back strengthening. I’ll have to consider that.

My body is slowly getting used to eating the extra lean ground beef in the early morning with my egg whites and oatmeal. I definitely have more energy now that I’ve added a little red meat to my diet. I’m also eating turkey, chicken and white fish for protein so my day is full of variety. I’m starting to notice that I’m a bit hungry between my afternoon snacks. That means my metabolism is revving up and within a week or so I’ll need to add more food. It’s not good to be hungry on a muscle building program. Gotta keep the body fueled to grow muscle.

I’m getting ready for a business trip to Denver. I’ll be gone 2 ½ days so of course I’m fretting over how to get my meals in and when and where I’m going to train. I think I’m going to rent a car because the hotel’s fitness center just has cardio and free weights. I need a full gym and 24 Hr. Fitness is just a 10 minute drive from the hotel. As for food, I’ve asked the hotel for a fridge so I’ll just need to find a store to pick up a few things, including the gallon of water per day that I drink! I’m going to put a few protein bars and packets of Meta Meal in my purse in case I get stuck at the airport for a few hours. That happened to me a few months ago – a 5 hour unplanned layover at night, with no food. It was brutal.

Tomorrow is Sunday. Rest day from the gym and the day I prep and cook my food for the week. Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment